Saturday, September 5, 2009

Photo Apps Photo Sketch

Apps are what make the iPhone so great, and I seem to have a lot of them.  I have 16 Apps dealing with Photography on the phone, and another 8 or so I've tried and removed.  Fortunately Apps are free or inexpensive.  I picked up a new one today even though I'm trying hard to cut back.

Photo Sketch is a program that makes a sketch (pencil or chalk) from a photo...duh.  It's reviews are highly positive.  Waiting for my wife to conclude some business at the bank I was bored and so I downloaded the App.  There are a TON of options, paper type-color, pencil or chalk, size, how many shades and how much detail.  It also has an image size control on pixels.  The largest size is 2048 x 2048 pixels which interestingly is 4 megapixels which is more than the original photo.

The results are good I think.  I can see that subject matter will make a large difference in the finished sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment