Sunday, June 12, 2011

Perkins House

I first "Discovered" The Palouse about 20 years ago.  It's an incredibly productive agricultural area of  rolling hills,  mostly within SE Washington State although it does extend a bit into western Idaho.  At first nobody except locals seemed to know the name but the fields, sky, towns and equipment are so attractive that the are is becoming quite well known photographically.

I've been making semi-regular two day trips for years and regardless of my plans The Palouse presents me with something new and unexpected on every trip.  This trip I was able to tour The Perkins House.  On the national historic register The Perkins House is a Victorian Age home in Colfax, WA.  Although I've known it was there, I never really had the opportunity to visit.

I wound up taking hundreds of digital images in the house and on the grounds.  In no particular order here are 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment