As soon as I downloaded the files into Aperture I knew that there was a great print there. If I can only get it created.
I put these 2 images together with PROHDR and processed that image first in Photofx and then in PhotoStudio.In the first App I added diffusion, blur and very large grain (with a mask over the girl) and the other gave me desaturation, vignetting and a frame. Now I have this image:
I'm getting closer but still not there. The first few manipulations I saw going in to the process, now I'm flailing about a bit. Perhaps a warmer overall tone to give a sunlight feeling. The grain effect is a bit too large for my tastes so i will need to rethink that. It's also possible I suppose that I need to make a decision whether the girl or her boots are the main part of the image.
At any rate I believe that if I can figure this out it will be the best image I've ever made.